Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Must Be Rich...


...because everyone in my family seems to think so.

I don't understand it really. We have a lot of debt and a variable income (my husband works in the automotive industry as a diesel technician - and as we know business isn't exactly booming right now). Also we are a one-income family. Alfred goes out into the world to make the living and I make life worth living.

 My sister was visiting yesterday and mentioned she was struggling to make ends meet. When I mentioned the same she acted shocked and said we had money. Hardly so! I manage to make ends meet in spite of our challenges, but it's not easy. I shared with her the things I do to help reduce expenes and pinch my pennies.

I can not and will not complain though. I have a good man who loves me and works hard to support our family. I have a roof over my head, clothes to wear, a reliable car to drive, food on the table, and we live in a free country.

 I am a blessed woman, no doubt about it.

7 comments:

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Let's hope your tips will be taken in, by her. And your attitude, also. :-)

Tammy said...

So glad you found the portal! You were the first and only so far!
;D

A good wife can make it look like "more" if you know what I mean...nothing at all to be ashamed of! ;D

Sandcastle Momma said...

Rich is really more a state of mind than a bank balance and it sounds like you are a very wealthy woman.

Wendy said...

Good for you! Your attitude is what will keep you staying positive during the tough times. It's an inspiration to read, and it also helps people like me to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty!

Missy said...

Excellent attitude!! We are in the same boat here and even I struggle (internally) at times as to how we are going to meet the bills this time around. Thanks for the reminder that it is our job to make it worth it!!

Laurie said...

Everyone has their own view of what wealth is...I think you have found happiness and contentment and you are rich in that.
Hugs))

Sharon said...

Actually, we have extended family who think we have tons of money...and perhaps my generosity has been interpreted as wealth. We are scaling back, and our gift giving is scaling back too. Isn't it funny what perception can do?