Monday, September 21, 2009

Storm Clouds


We heard through the grapevine that Alfred's unit will likely be deployed again in a year or so, this time to Afghanistan. Though it is not yet official, I can feel it in the very depths of my soul. There are dark, heavy storm clouds rolling in on the horizon...the backdrop of my life. Cloaked in dread and sadness at the thought of having to spend another year apart, yet trying to put on a happy face for my family. A facade.
*
The reality is that time waits for no one and I can not put my life on hold. What I can do is make this next year as special as I can by building a collection of happy memories ~ conversations, good meals, love, activities, laughter, music, movies, candlelight, intimacy, and togetherness. Life is made up of small moments, some are mundane while others are marvelous. Woven together they tell a tale, the story of our life.

10 comments:

Genie Sea said...

With love, even the mundane is marvelous. I feel for you sweetie, but I know you will make the now magical for your loved ones. :) Hugs!

Not Hannah said...

I love how very THOUGHTFUL you are in your life. It is a good example for me to try to follow.

Tammy said...

So sorry to hear this news, but your attitude is great!

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

I'm sorry this faces you, again. Somehow, I thought he was fully out of the military. But that can't be so....

Wendy said...

Tracy, I will pray for you and your family that separating will not happen for you again.
Wendy

sarah haliwell said...

I'm sorry for this upsetting news. Wow, that's tough. He'll be gone a year? Wow.

Tammy said...

You have an award at my place!☺

cathleen said...

((((Tracy))) No words, just hugs.

The Raggedy Girl said...

This touched me so much as my grandchild is in Afghanistan and it is wrenching my heart with worry and with having to watch his sweet wife do life all by herself. I will pray for you sweetie. Keep posting all your wonderful thoughts that so touch my feelings and my heart.

The Raggedy Girl

mountainmama said...

oh tracy, i'm so sorry to hear this. i know what you mean about the pressure to uphold a facade. but i'm glad you don't feel the need to maintain that here, in your blogspace. i'm glad to see you've allowed yourself at least one spot to express your emotions at hearing such difficult news.

my best wishes for you and your family. i hope that does not have to happen. but if it does, i hope the time passes swiftly and smoothly.