Saturday, September 05, 2009

Six Snippets

1. We have three glorious days stretched out before us. Three days of good food, movies, board games, laughter, rest, and togetherness. Alfred has Monday off work with holiday pay and I fully intend to make it a memorable time - be it rain or shine.
*
2. Good news - Alfred finished his Earth Science college course with a final grade of 95! I am so proud of him. He has a lot on his plate between work, one weekend per month with the Army NG, plus college - but he rarely complains. He just jumps in and does what needs to be done. I admire him for that. He's an A+ guy in my book. :)
*
3. I subscribed to Birds and Blooms and Victoria magazine. I also will be receiving free subscriptions to Country Living, Everyday Food, and Body+Soul.
*
4. Books I am currently reading: The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery, Home-Cooking by Laurie Colwin, and Stillmeadow Road by Glady Taber. Can you believe that no library in my county has any Glady Taber books? Ridiculous!
*
5. Kenzie and I gathered acorns and pinecones from the yard yesterday afternoon to add to my Autumn decor accessories.
*
6. Autumn is such an exciting time for children with the kick off for all of the holidays - Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. It's always a magical time of year.

9 comments:

Rhonda in OK said...

your new blog background and header picture are so pretty.

enjoy your long weekend!

Tammy said...

Yes, I see you are very much in the Autumn spirit...love your seasonal decor!

Enjoy your weekend...my Hubby has to work...bummer!

Jennifer said...

What a cozy new look for your blog and I adore your 6 snippets. Wishing you a very serene and blessed 3 days!~

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Hi there! I love your background!! However, it's very difficult to read the little teeeny tinnny letters in your post. :(

Have a wonderful weekend and congratulations ALFRED!!!!

cathleen said...

Good morning, Tracy! Sounds like a lovely weekend is planned. I read all of Gladys Taber books in the early 80's. I looked for one to reread about a year ago in my library and there is none to be found. She is a treasure. And so are you!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Oh God Bless You and your family. I recall going out for leaves and pinecones, acorns and branches and making my own centerpieces with my son. He loved it. He's 22 now. You know, I think i'm going to grab him and do just that anyway.

THANK YOU TRACY... my meds affect my eyes a bit even with glasses. THANK YOU.

Jenn@Spejory said...

Oooh! Lots of changes! Pretty header and background, so autumnal. Have a great LOONNGG weekend!

sarah haliwell said...

I love the new weblog name and header image. And the colour of the background makes me want to make chocolate pudding! :-) Have a blessed weekend.

ladyhawthorne said...

Your blog is the most beautiful one I have seen, you definitely have a great eye for design!