Thursday, September 24, 2009

Scarcity or Abundance?


Money is extremely tight this week. How fitting that chapter 6 of The Artist's Way is on recovering a sense of  abundance! It's times like these when I am so glad I have built up a small stockpile and have acquired the skills to cook and bake from scratch. If there are good, hearty meals on the table and cookies in the cookie jar then pinching pennies doesn't seem so bad.
*
"Always leave enough time in your life to do something that makes you happy, satisfied, even joyous. That has more of an effect on economic well-being than any other single factor."
~Paul Hawken
*
Since my parents' divorce, I have carried around a scarcity mindset. Times were hard and money was tight as it usually is for mothers and children after such an event. I've replayed the role throughout my life so many times and frankly I've grown tired of it. It's time to write a new script!
*
"True life is lived when tiny changes occur." ~ Leo Tolstoy
*
  It is my desire to consciously choose abundance and thoughts of abundance. How can I do that? It's quite simple really. I will focus on that which brings me joy, happiness, and satisfaction. Having a neat, clean home is satisfying. Making time for exercise each day brings happiness, particularly once I start noticing changes in my body. I experience joy when I savor a bit of chocolate, spend time with my husband, and make time for my hobbies.
*
Worry adds nothing to my life, so why waste time on that? What will be, will be. But how much sweeter life can be if I can let go of what if, focus on what I can do and enjoy, and trust that this is only a temporary situation...because it is!
*
And you know what? I refuse to remain stuck a day longer and live the rest of my life in survival mode!! Scarcity can kiss my grits!
Hmmph!

4 comments:

Serena said...

You go, girl! LOVE the attitude of abundance in this post!

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Good - for - you!!!

Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
My hubby grew up without much money and even now when we have a little extra he always feels the need to stock up for just in case.
I agree always worrying is a waste of time. Guilt and worry can suck you dry.

gemma said...

We already have so much good in our lives. Let's do a bun dance!
:-)