Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Artist's Way check in ~ Week 5


I'm doing the Morning Pages but really don't see the point. They are in essence like my journal pages, for I fill them with the things on my mind much like I do with my journal. My journal writing has ceased because I have nothing else to write about. So I am struggling with continuing on with the MPs.
*
More Imaginary Lives:
1. Healer
2. Gypsy
3. Nun
4.Wildlife Researcher
5. Fitness Competitor
*
If I were 20 and had money, I'd:
~ fly in a hot-air balloon
~ride a roller-coaster
~ camp all summer in the Alaskan wilderness
~ go on a safari
~ white-water rafting
*
If I were 65 and had money, I'd:
~ travel
~ build a log cabin
~ hire a masseuse
~ hire a cook & housekeeper
~ spend my time doing all the things I enjoy
*
Ten ways I'm mean to myself:
1. Critical
2. Reject compliments
3. No exercise
4. Stay up late
5. No homemaking routine
6. Cook same meals repeatedly
7. Drink soda
8. Neglect appearance
9. Smoke (don't preach, I know it's horrible)
10. Impulse purchases
*
Ten items I'd like to own that I don't are:
1. Long gray sweater that ties at the waist
2. Comfy black dress shoes
3. Boots
4. Hats
5. Stairclimber
6. Craft room
7. Screened in porch
8. Log cabin
9. Horse
10. A trike
*
My favorite creative block is - the computer.
*
My payoff for staying blocked is - not having to face fear and risk change.
*
The person I blame for being blocked is - myself.

10 comments:

Tammy said...

My imaginary lives;
1. Fairy
2. famous author
3. historian
4. haunted house tour guide
5. cruise ship entertainer

That was fun!!!

Sandcastle Momma said...

Reading that was like looking in the mirror. We seem to have a lot in common.

Kavindra said...

Oh I just did this exercise in AW last night, and alot of it is similar. I am so annoyed by the artist way sometimes, and then I come across exercises like this that are so powerful! Looks like you got to some true places with it as well.

Terri said...

Tracy,
I gave up doing morning pages for the exact same reason. Now I just journal and let things work themselves out.
Terri

miss*R (*whimsy* is my middle name) said...

this week, many of us have struggled and if I remember rightly the same thing happened last time I worked through the Artists Way. keep going! I absolutely hate the morning pages but sometimes, a small sentence will come out and say something to me.. in a week or so, we are asked to re-read the morning pages and highlight things that stand out.. that is when you will realize that they work.
plus, they get the dribble out so that your head is clear to be able to hear the voice of your soul/the Divine
xo
you smoke ?? tut, tut xo

gemma said...

Doing the tasks and morning pages set up an inner dialogue. Often I am surprized by my answers so it's new stuff...hope you are gaining insight as well.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

May I borrow this? It's great.

Also, where do you get these list from? You've come up with some good one's that I would like to have done in the past.

Love your new pic. Gorgeous the two of you.. just gorgeous. Hugs. Tammy

Tracy said...

Tammy, sure you can! The questions are from the exercises in the book The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. :)

Serena said...

I love doing the morning pages. Why not just treat them like your regular journal? I think that Julia encourages people to write the pages in the morning because it's the best time of day for sub-conscious insights to spill out. Julia's main purpose, I think, is to encourage readers who don't normally journal to maybe take it up as a regular practice in their lives.

LOVE your lists!

Judit said...

What similarities we have, could have been my list (at least on some questions)