Friday, August 28, 2009

Tasha Tudor Day, 2009

{photo: Richard Brown}
***
With my family being ill, I haven't planned anything special to celebrate Tasha Tudor Day, but I couldn't let the day go by without acknowledgement.
***
Since I first discovered Tasha, I have been an ardent fan. Reading "Drawn from New England" only fanned the flames of my desire to know more about her and her life. The more I learned, the more my admiration for her grew.
***
What I love most about Tasha Tudor is she lives exactly as she pleases. Her world was filled with creativity, nature, joy, and enchantment. She lived a fairytale life of her own making and this endeared her to me.
In honor of Tasha Tudor's memory and spirit, I pledge to:
~ live by my own lights
~ slow down and live gently
~ use my creativity to enhance my life
~ embrace domesticity and revel in making a cozy nest for my family

6 comments:

Storybook Woods said...

Happy Tasha Tudor day, I think your celebration sound perfect and very TT. Thank you for joining in xoxoxo Clarice

The Thrifty Countrywoman said...

I really like the live gently comment! Happy Tasha's birthday!

Take joy!

Jane

valariebudayr said...

Happy Tasha Tudor Day. I love the pledges you've made. They are just perfect. I hope everyone feels better soon.

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Oh dear, I forgot it was Tasha Tudor Day!

Sorry that your family has been ill.

Marqueta said...

Happy Tasha Tudor Day to you! I'm so glad you did a post about her. She deserves to live through us. I'm also glad for other kindred spirits on the internet who love her too. I don't feel like such an odd ball!

Love,

Marqueta

gardenmama said...

What a beautiful post, is it silly that looking at her photos brings tears to my eyes! : ) She is a huge inspiration in my life her creativity and spirit are incredible!