Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Six Quick Takes


1 ~ Last night Alfred put up our tent and the girls slept outside in the fresh air. The girls considered it an adventure as sleeping outside is quite out of the ordinary. I believe Kenzie would sleep out-of-doors every night if she could!

2 ~ Yesterday I didn't get to declutter, but the day before I culled another box of books. Today I will jump back on the declutter band-wagon, do laundry, and clean until everything sparkles.

3 ~ I am going to be an Auntie again! My sister Laura just found out she is expecting. :)

4 ~ I have decided to use the evening hours after dinner (when not at karate classes) to work on my stitching. I have several WIPs and many more projects that I haven't yet started. I want to clear out these unfinished projects. Perhaps give them away as gifts for Christmas and birthdays?

5 ~ I received my copy of Jeanne d' Arc Living magazine. Even though I can't read a word of it (it's in Danish), I adore the photos! White, simple, clean, peaceful, and beautiful are the words I would use to describe the photos. I am leaning towards that type of decor for my own home.

6 ~ I'm looking forward to Autumn, which is just around the corner, so I can spend more time outdoors. It has been so hot and humid lately with afternoon thunderstorms nearly every day. A bit of cool air will be refreshing.

4 comments:

A Stitch In Thyme said...

What type of stitching do you do Tracy? I did a cross stitch years ago of the serenity prayer as part of my 12 stepping process and it took my 5 years to complete. It was very difficult for me to sit still way back when. Always very busy busy busy. But today, I love that more than almost all my other "physical" possessions.

You've inspired me to try to declutter some more. It's difficult when remodeling slowly but my effort will be made.

have a wonderful day friend. Tammy

Tammy said...

That painting is beautiful!!

Have a Happy day Auntie to be!☺

sarah haliwell said...

Congratulations to your sister! I hope all goes well for her :-)

Sandcastle Momma said...

Congratulations to your sister!
Stitching is my soul food. Whenever I need to center myself I pick up my stitching.