Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rainy Day Occupations


The skies are grey and dark clouds hang heavily overhead. The rain has returned. Not that I mind, for I have nowhere I need to go. I am busy nursing my family back to health as they are all ill. So far, I have been a champion with no symptoms of illness. May it remain so!
***
I began working on a cross-stitch project that I've had for several years now. I tend to work on it for a week or so, then put it away for months at a time up to a year. I am working on the fall section now. I would like to finish it this year, but I no better than to hold myself to it.
***
What are your favorite rainy day occupations?

3 comments:

Tammy said...

So sorry about your family's health...I hope they are all better soon and that your imunity is strong!

I've been advised to get a flu shot this year because of the diabetes...something I'm not real keen on...sigh!

I wish I could still cross-stitch but since my eyes have aged it is an obstical...I wear tri-focals...double sigh!!

Enjoy your indoor day!

sarah haliwell said...

I am so sorry your family are still ill. I hope you have some tea tree oil - a little dot of it under your nose would do wonders in warding off any airborne illness.

On a rainy day I love to write.

Marqueta said...

Dear Tracy,

Thanks for "coming by" today! I usually spend rainy days catching up on housework :) .

Love,

Marqueta