Sunday, August 23, 2009

Gratitude List ~ Week 33


1. Enjoying movies galore from NetFlix. Why didn't I subscribe ages ago?
***
2. My new computer which makes blogging & visiting so much easier!
***
3. The hummingbirds are back! Alfred & I noticed them today (Saturday) and I've made up some simple syrup to fill the hummingbird feeder.
***
4. Reading books in bed at night before I go to sleep. I just finished Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen which was really good. It reminds me very much of Practical Magic (book & movie).
***
5. Slashing my phone/internet service by $25/month. I can keep my phone service (I'd planned to cut it off) and get 30 minutes of free long distance and my DSL is now three times faster - and I'm paying less! It never hurts to call and ask about new deals because every little bit helps. :)

5 comments:

A Stitch In Thyme said...

This picture you chose is pure serenity.

I love saving pennies here and there. Makes me feel so frugal and Lord knows, pennies saved have helped bail us out more than once in 13 years.

Love the hummers.. so pretty and fascinating to watch.

I thought about you last night... going like greased lightning on your new puter....:)

Blessings to you Tracey
Tammy

sarah haliwell said...

I love the pictue here. And congratulations on saving money! That's always good.

notesfromthefrugaltrenches said...

Oh this is a wonderful list! I too love reading at night!

Missy said...

Just catching up (or back LOL...how does that work)
Going to check out Garden Spells, sounds like my kinda book.
Great phone savings! Wouldn't happen to be TDS would it? Just swapped mine a few months ago...very awesome deal!!

Tracy said...

Missy - no, it is with my local company - but I have found if you say you want to cut off your service most places will scramble to come up with a deal to keep you as a customer. I say whatever works! :)