Monday, August 17, 2009

Cookies and Claudia


{Flickr}

It's raining buckets outside today as we are getting remnants of what was once Tropical Storm Claudia. The girls and I decided to bake a double batch of chocolate chip cookies, and my, do they smell delicious! I have a pork roast cooking in the crock pot for tonight's dinner of Barbecue Pork Sandwiches.

As I type, I'm listening to Bob Ross talking while he paints happy little places. He had such a soothing voice and kind demeanor. This is an enjoyable part of my Mondays where I take a break to relax and watch the show.

Over the weekend I bought flower seeds for this Autumn, Poppies, Marigold, and Pansy. As the summer blooms fade they will be replaced with Autumn hues and will give us something to look forward to yet again in the garden.

The rest of my day will be spent puttering around the house bringing order and beauty to our rooms. I will take a luxurious nap, drifting off to dreamland while listening to rain on the roof top...one of my favorite things. As I go about my daily round, my heart overflows with gratitude for this life I live.

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

It truly sounds like a wonderful life. I love the smell of something cooking in the crock pot as I go about my day.

Tammy said...

I l♥ve Bob Ross! I could sit and listen and watch all day...he can make something that I think he has totaly messed up and make it beautiful!

We had a cloud come up about an hour ago...but nadda...I guess ya'll are getting all the rain!

Have a great evening!☺

VintageSage said...

Oh I LOVE Bob Ross' voice. Puts me to sleep. :) Now I'm starting to feel like I need to make some chocolate chip cookies tonight. What a wonderful day you had!