Monday, August 31, 2009

The Artist's Way - Week 2 check in


I did better on the Morning Pages...5 days out of 7. Still no Artist Date as I was feeling under the weather and my family all had/have what I suspect to be the flu.
*
My Crazymaker would be myself. I overanalyze and tend to make things harder and more complicated than need be.
*
Five Imaginary Lives:
1.Psychiatrist
2. Actress
3. Wildlife Conservationist
4. Cake Decorator
5. Bookstore/Boutique Owner
*
Things I love:
Singing, stitching, sit outdoors when the weather is nice, journal, craft, draw/sketch, read, shop craft & thrift stores, garden, yoga, beach, take pictures, blogging, dance, watch good movies, go out to eat, have a "spa" night, go exploring, chocolate, napping...
*
While I didn't get to the yoga this week, I have worked on my cross-stitch a little each day as I had little bits of time. I am currently reading The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery. I journal almost daily. I gave myself a pedicure and painted my toes Ruby Red. I nap when needed.
*
All in all, it was a good week for me.

10 comments:

Jill Dearman said...

Keep up the great work. Little bits of time often garner great big things!
--Jill Dearman, www.bangthekeys.com

Grace said...

Love the picture (you always have good ones). Numbers 1, 3, and 5 would be on my Imaginary lives list too.

Laurie said...

Glad you are feeling better ~
my poor feet could use a pedicure!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I'm with Grace on the picture... she is me on a frustrated day... she is what I want to be I should say.

Thank you for posting on my blog. Sometimes being raw with yourself can be too raw for others. But I refuse to mold into another.

I too today am sick. Hubs brought it home thurdsay... it has hit me. Back on antibiotics to be safe. The change of season is coming... I feel it. THe nip is in the air. :)
Hugs
Tammy

Vanessa said...

We definitely share the crazymaker attributes, since I too am my own.

Loved your list of favorite things to do. And your imaginary lives are wonderful - a great mix. I especially like cake decorator as it could definitely be fun to eat ones creations ;)

Holly said...

Lovely! You did a great deal even under the weather. Good for you!

Holly said...

Yay! You did a lot this week even under the weather. Good for you.

Serena said...

Good for you, Tracy....you covered quite a lot despite being under the weather. :)

Kavindra said...

I really like your lists here, both the lives and loves. So you did a whole bunch of the things you love this week, which is probably better than a formal official artist date anyway.

gemma said...

Were you surprized when you came up with the imaginary lives or were they already in your mind?
Sometimes I surprise myself.