Friday, July 10, 2009

On Being Home


On being home is the last of Rhonda's kitchen table talks.



This has been a week of reflection for me. My home is a place of comfort and security. Home is where I am free to unleash my creativity and use my ideas and the works of my hands to create the home life I envision.

It doesn't take a lot of money to live a fulfilling life, only a willingness to work and do the things that have meaning for you. When you give your time and attention to the things that matter most, peace and joy are sure to follow.

For me, that means:

~ Making my home a cozy, restful retreat for my family and visitors

~ Nourishing meals and goodies made from scratch that feed not only the body but the spirit as well

~ Being mindful of our finances: reducing expenses and saving as we strive to become debt-free

~ Creative pursuits, good books, writing, music, and conversations

~ Looking upon the world with eyes of wonder as I connect with nature and am a blessing to others

~ Maintaining a love of learning; acquiring new skills that will enable us to become more self-sufficient

~ Always practicing an attitude of gratitude and living life with enthusiasm

~ Fully living Simple Abundance

5 comments:

With Loving Stitches said...

This is a wonderful post. I have to keep learning new things or my brain becomes very stagnated. I don't like getting into ruts or being bored. I like to keep perpetually moving forwar.

I just made a chocolate cake with raspberry filly & eggwhite whipped topping. Does that count for goodies?

Tracy said...

It most certainly does! :)

beachbygones said...

lovely inspiring and positive words.

homehum said...

Wonderful, inspiring post! What a beautiful list of the things that make your life meaningful. I imagine your home to be a place of warmth and comfort to all who enter it.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful words of wisdom to create perspective about what should really be so important in our lives.

Many blessings to you.