Wednesday, July 15, 2009

In the Still of the Night


Night time is really the best time to work. All the ideas are there to be yours because everyone else is asleep. ~Catherine O'Hara

With the exception of when I was very young, I have always been a night owl. The hustle and bustle of the day has ceased and the house settles down to sweet slumber, leaving me alone with my thoughts. My best ideas and plans come alive in the still of the night. At last there is solitude!

Inside myself is a place where I live all alone, and that's where I renew my springs that never dry up. ~Pearl Buck

I use the quiet of night to read, journal, and dream. When all is still, that is when I catch glimpses of the life I envision. Recently the visions have changed in part for I have changed ever so subtly. Just as time marches on and the four seasons come and go, such is life. Change is inevitable.

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~Anatole France

I believe the melancholy and discontent I have felt of late is a necessary part of my self-discovery and will be followed by growth and change.

Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be. ~Robert Brault

7 comments:

A Stitch In Thyme said...

As usual i'm loving this person. People waste much time contemplating who they think they should be rather than listening to the sound of their own whispers telling, they are already that person. Aspire is a good word to use her. I believe if you aspire to be something, in time you will either reach the goal or become something different than what you are and hopefully it's a better you.

Love your post.

Thank you for stopping by last night. It meant the world to me. I've been through the ringer lately and i'm not one who sits at the back of the bus and just takes it. Thank you for your loyalty. I am doing your letter today!!!!

mountainmama said...

ooh i love this! i really love what you're expressing here and can relate too. and those are perfect quotes~

i'm happy to have met you and look forward to reading more of your blog~ :)

Ariadone said...

If this is so than you must be very sensitive to the moon and it's circle....meaby studying the influences of the moon on women can help and give some insights to your feelings of restlessness lately..
Ariadone

Jenn@Spejory said...

I love this! The last quote especially spoke to me. I am a night owl but not by choice. I have at least 10 nights each month of insomnia, but I've learned to see it as a gift, not a curse.

sarah haliwell said...

I love the night too. And I love your new header picture.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

pstttt... it's going in the mail tomorrow my friend!! :0)

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

You... chronicle... Wisdom.

Aunt Amelia