Thursday, July 02, 2009

Homemade


In my quest for greater self-sufficiency and to be economical, I have begun looking for recipes to make more of my own food from scratch. Common things like: burger or hot dog buns, basic soda crackers/saltines, and homemade refrigerator pickles with my own homegrown cucumbers.

These things can be made with basic ingredients and are not filled with all those preservatives and things you can not pronounce. They also tend to taste better and are more filling. It really doesn't take very much time. And everything tastes better when it's sprinkled liberally with love!

5 comments:

...... Bobbi said...

These look like some great recipes!

Sandcastle Momma said...

I hope you'll post pics when you make the buns. I've tried several times and while the taste was ok they never looked anything like a bun LOL

With Loving Stitches said...

The buns would be the tricky part. Do post pictures when you make them. Homemade crackers..mmmm sounds really good.

Jenn said...

I've been looking for more homemade recipes, too. I'll have to try these, especially the homemade refrigerator pickles. I had the recipe and lost it. Thanks for sharing these.

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Wow! Thank you! I've wondered if I could make home-made saltines. Without all those preservatives and etc.

Thank you,
Aunt Amelia