Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ebb and Flow


Nature Comments & Graphics

~Magickal Graphics~


I appreciate all of your thoughtful comments and advice yesterday! It's nice to know one is not alone. I tried talking about it with Alfred, but he just doesn't get it. It made me realize that this journey is my own and the answers are inside of me.

The sea ebbs and flows as does life. When you are in the flow, everything is wonderful, smooth, and all feels right with the world. Then there are times of ebb when one needs to pull back seeking quiet and solitude in order to hear the whispers of the heart. This is where I am at the moment. Life has become stagnant and routine and I need to fill my well and romance my creative urges.

Julia Cameron reminds us:
Transformation occurs through action.

I have been reading Joan Anderson's books - A Year by the Sea, An Unfinished Marriage, and An Unfinished Journey. I now realize that the journey is never finished. Just as the beach landscape changes with the tides, so does life. It is our choice to whether we change and flourish along with it or languish on the shore. It is not a crime to feel fear, but to allow the fear to hold us back from living is a crying shame.

Let us hold hands and dip our toes in the great sea of life, shall we?

9 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

Dear Tracy,
I have tried to talk to my hubby in this way as well with little success. I know he works so hard for our family and I guess is focus on life is just that.
I am always trying to get him to "stop and smell the roses."
I want to thank you for the link on your sidebar ~joy rebel. What a treasure trove !
Blessings

With Loving Stitches said...

I'm blessed in the fact the my husband listens when I need to empty myself in this manner. He often will have something creative or fun to add to my deep thoughts.

If I can wiggle my toes in the water, consider my hand held sitting along side you.

Genie Sea said...

Tracy, you are such an awesome woman. So strong and ingenious, creative and caring. You have created a beautiful home for your family.

It's obviously time to see what Tracy needs and wants. Time for an adventure for one. A little exploration time. Me time. Play time.

I get that. It's only natural to want to bust loose and test your wings.

I'm not suggesting a Thelma and Louise scenario, (I wasn't crazy about the ending) but some time for Tracy, once a week, or every other week, or a weekend retreat...

You will find your way :)

Sandcastle Momma said...

I agree with the others that you need some Tracy time. Even if it's just spending an evening in the yard while the kids do the dinner dishes. Maybe a long Sunday drive on the back of Alfred's motorcycle would help. Just let yourself be free to feel what you want to feel.

Mama Monique said...

I will! :o)

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Hi Tracy
I just realized you like sarah plain & tall. OHMYGOSH!! I didn't know anyone liked it but me... squeel! Love that series. It relaxes me much like the jane austen movies.

mountainmama said...

oh i just read 'a year by the sea' last year and loved it. i haven't heard of her other books. i'll have to look out for them.

another lovely post. your writing feels calm and peaceful and reflective. just reading your words helps me feel slowed down, and helps me take a deep breath :)

thank you~~

mountainmama said...

oh and you love the sarah plain and tall trilogy and the anne of green gables movies. i love those so much too!! :)

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Yes, I think that each of us, has to take this journey, alone. Inside of ourselves, so to speak. I don't think anyone can really 'help.' Because we are each unique.

With luck and synchrinosity, we find guidance, when we look for it.

But in the end, our own journey has to be just that... our own.

Courage...

Aunt Amelia