Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bargain Hunting

My first stop yesterday as I shopped for groceries was at CVS:


I purchased...
2 Strawberry Pop Tarts - 2/$4
2 gallons 2% milk - $2.79 each
Printer paper - $5
3 Pepsi 12pk. - 3/$11
1 Mountain Dew - FREE
Pencil Sharpener - $0.99
Duracell AA batteries 4 pk. - $2.99

Total OOP: $18.40

Total Saved: $29.75

****

Now on to Winn Dixie:

I purchased...

Martha Stewart Living - $4.99
5 boxes GM cereal - $1.99 each
5 # Sugar - $2.69
Corn chips & Nacho tortilla chips - $1.25 each
Meow-mix cat food - $3.99
Shredded Cheddar - 3/$5
Tidy Cat litter - $4.99
Hot dog & Hamburger buns - $1.25 each
Sara Lee bread - 2/$4
Garlic bread sticks - $2.50
32 oz. Ronco macaroni noodles - $2.50
Kraft BBQ sauce - BIGIF - $1.69
Taco sauce - $2.59
Daisy sour cream - $1.00
Cream of mushroom soup - $1.00
Cream of chicken soup - $1.00
2 Del Monte Green Beans - $1.00 each
Rotel mild tomatoes - $1.39
Ground beef - $5.09
Ore-Ida french fries - $3.79

Total OOP: $57.07

Total Saved: $31.81

****

Dinner menu plan for the week:

1.) Ham chops, mac & cheese, green beans

2.) King Ranch Chicken

3.) Hot dogs & chips

4.) Hamburgers & fries

5.) BBQ chicken, mac & cheese, green beans

6.) Spaghetti & garlic breadsticks

7.) Taco Salad

4 comments:

Tammy said...

You are on the ball, girlfriend!☺

Rhonda in OK said...

I think your menus sound good - I like "regular" food.

and about your homeschooling post - you had great answers. People so misunderstand homeschooling. I homeschooled our children for 2 years and it was one of the best things we ever did. They all grew up just fine - one is even in law school and all of them have gone to college, get along with people, etc.

Just keep doing what you are doing - I think you are doing a great job.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Alrighty now, just so I remember, what time is dinner served again? Just dont' want to be late is all.

Your on the ball and ahead of the ball. Nice job.

Tell me honest opinion, how good is the martha mag??? I want to find a good mag for all around use.

GarlicBOSS said...

Now, that is how to save!