Monday, June 15, 2009

Water Babies


We will be off to the beach again this afternoon for the third day in a row. It has been positively glorious since last year I didn't go to the beach at all and I truly missed the white sugar sand and emerald sea.

Our children are blossoming in the summer sun and salty sea. Joel loves to surf and skim board. Kendall has taken up skim boarding, too. Kenzie is teaching herself to swim and making great progress. Both Kenzie and Kayla love to float around and ride the waves on their body boards as they giggle and screech with delight.

I am currently re-reading An Unfinished Marriage by Joan Anderson which is set on Cape Cod, making it perfect for summer reading.

What more is there to say? Life is good!

7 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

I had a few moments and just stopped in to say Hi. I am very busy trying to get our TO DO list done. I hope to get back to my bloggy friend really soon.

Have a wonderful week.

The Raggedy Girl

Penelope said...

Your artwork is always so beautiful! What is "An Unfinished Marriage" about? Oh wait, I see you provided a link (I'll go check it out...I like to read good books)

Busy Grandma Elsie said...

I have just gotten home from a week at the beach at Topsail, North Carolina and I loved it.
I have passed along an Bloggers Kreativ Award to you so go on over to my blog and pick it up . Elsie <><

Sandcastle Momma said...

Afternoons at the beach = pure bliss. Tell Kenzie good luck with the swimming!

Rhonda in OK said...

have fun at the beach, Tracey

I've read that book and it is a really good on, hope you enjoy it too.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Then that is good enough....

I love days like that and cherish them when they come to me.

have yourself a wonderful time.

Genie Sea said...

Life is good! Oh! Enjoy the sea and beach for me too! I miss it :)