Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thursday


Joel left today and while we will miss him, we choose to rejoice in having the past two weeks with him rather than fall into a sombre mood. Besides, he will likely be able to return at the end of summer for another visit and perhaps around Christmas. And there are twice per week phone calls, emails, and MySpace.

With each visit, he feels more at home and bonds of love are being built.

We feel incredibly blessed.


Though the calendar says Summer isn't until June 21st, I would say she has already arrived. We are in the midst of a heatwave and it's only going to get worse until Autumn brings us a reprieve. Until then, we will do what we can to stay cool.

I bought the girls a plastic pool for $5 at a liquidation shop {compared to $13 at Walmart}. It's not big enough to swim in, but it provides cool relief while allowing them to be outdoors in the sun and fresh air. I believe that sun and fresh air makes for happy, healthy children....and adults, too!

Well, I shall close for now. I will have most of the day to myself. Kayla & Kenzie rode along with Alfred and Joel. Kendall will be going to work in a couple of hours. And once again, I will be cleaning house in peace and quiet.

May your days be filled with sunshine...

7 comments:

Jane said...

I love the idea of that plastic pool! Have a fantastic rest of the week!

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Sorry about the heat wave...

Here it's cool and rainy. Up in Yankee Land, that is. ,-)

Aunt Amelia

Sandcastle Momma said...

It is hot and that pool will be a nice place to sit and cool off.
We were camping a few weeks ago and as we passed one of the campsights we saw a small pool filled with water and 4 adults crammed into it LOL

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I'm actually considering getting my pups a pool to cool them off. My boston can't be outside more than 5 minutes and he wants back in. Short snouts don't cool down well.

As for me, i'll probably jump right in with them.

sarah said...

It all sounds so lovely :-) I hope you enjoyed your peace and didn't work too hard!

Busy Grandma Elsie said...

I remember when my kids had those plastic pools... They loved it.. Simple things makes for much happiness...
Love your family.Mine is all grown up & gone now. Enjoy every moment that you can..
Blessings.

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

June 20th...

Happy Midsummer's Eve, to all!

Aunt Amelia