Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Organizing



I am in the process of becoming better organized. I bought 52 file folders for each week's homeschool plans and lessons after being inspired by Dawn. She is the Queen of organization in my book!

Monday I went through my books and gathered a box to donate. And I've decided that as the kids and I read through all of their books, they will go in a donation box. Most were picked up for pennies and we always have the library.

Today the girls are to sort through their clothes to see what they've outgrown, what is stained, or no longer loved to be donated or trashed. That will help cull the excess of clothes washing.

I also wrote up a chore list and house rules....simple things really that they should be doing already without being told. Now it's in black and white posted on the fridge. It is my hope that they will become more responsible and learn practical skills needed to function in their adult lives in the future.

I have been tackling spaces bit by bit as I notice the need for culling and reorganizing. It feels good to bring a greater sense of space and order to my home.

5 comments:

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Keep up the good work!

Both for yourself.

And for us.

You are an inspiration! One I really need. And I'm not ashamed to say so.

Aunt Amelia

sarah haliwell said...

I sometimes get inspired by Dawn too and end up feeling worse than when I started because I simply can not manage the same efficiency as her! She's like a superhomeschooler or something. :-)

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Decluttering is such a fresh youthful task for me. It revitalizes how I feel about my space around me. I'm not good when under pressure in a messy area. I'm more of a neat nick when allowed to be. Going through a remodel will and is taxing my last nerve but I must stay focused on the end result. We also bagged up items last weekend. They are going to the church here local. I will do more this weekend.

Penelope said...

Organizing is one of my favorite hobbies...my hubby thinks I'm nuts, but I love to organize and declutter and give things away!

Jenn said...

There's nothing like a good decluttering to make your home feel fresh, orderly, and clean. I like how you have your children involved, too.