Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jon and Kate Separate: My Thoughts


One of my favorite shows on television is Jon & Kate Plus 8. After last night's show though, I am so sad for them all for it was announced: Jon and Kate filed for divorce.

What is disturbing to me is how the media/paparazzi is crucifying Kate for being a b****, while Jon's alleged affair barely gets a nod. The reasoning is obvious - Jon cheated because Kate was a perfectionist, nagging, controlling...whatever. That's no excuse in my book.

True, Kate could learn to be more laid back, but in my opinion I think Jon is feeling a little resentful that Kate is out on the road doing book promotions while he's at home with the kids. Like he has it so bad! You know they have hired help, unlike in the early days when Kate stayed home with all eight children when they were really little.

The whole situation makes me so sad. Sad because I really liked Jon and thought he was hilarious. Sad for Kate because I believe she really does love Jon and wants the best for her family. Sad, especially, for the children because their once happy family is being broken in two and their world turned upside down.

I just pray that somehow, someway Jon and Kate can reconcile and begin a new chapter together.

5 comments:

~~Deby said...

This is so sad to me....and I am sorry for the children....and I can't even understand why they keep the show going..is it all about $$$$.....

Sandcastle Momma said...

What a really sad episode. I don't like Kate, I think she's really mean to him but at the same time I don't like that instead of standing up to her he went and had an affair. What struck me as the saddest thing of all is that their children will see this one day. How horrible to watch your parent's marriage unravel on national television like that!
I keep reading about them having trouble for the last 6 or 7 months. I have to say that's not a long time and what a shame to give up on their marriage because of it. I knew they were going to announce their divorce last night yet I still kept hoping that they would say they were cancelling the show and going to counseling instead of separating. The whole thing is really sad and it does seem like she's more into the money than saving her marriage.

Sandcastle Momma said...

I just read on Yahoo that the show will be taking a hiatus for awhile. I'm so glad they aren't going to being filming these poor kids while they're going through something so terrible.

Kavindra said...

What a sweetheart you are. I don't know anything about this family other than that there is a tv show and people make alot of snarky comments about them in articles and websites. You are the 1st person I've heard empathize and care. Lovely to see.

Susan in SC said...

I thought it was a really sad show as well. I feel for all of them. I wish they would try to work things out instead of just giving up. Poor Kate seemed like a broken woman and Jon seemed like he was ready to move on. One thing is certain, is that none of us really know what happened between the 2 of them. We are only seeing what the media is letting us see and hearing what the 2 of them are letting us hear. I bet there's much more to the story than any of us know. We need to keep all of them in our prayers.