Saturday, June 13, 2009

Homemaking


Alfred left at 7:30am, headed to the beach with all the kids. Joel is in a skimboard competetion and I hope he does well.

As for me? I have finally been able to tackle my housework! Do you know how hard it is to clean when people are lying about here, there, and everywhere and are sleeping until noon? It's darn near impossible.

The living room and kitchen are now clean and nearly sparkling, I dare say. I can not begin to describe how maddening general mess and clutter makes me. I feel a radical, ruthless decluttering binge coming on. Seriously, folks!

Now, I'm off to enjoy the oh-so-rare quiet before my family returns. Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

It is impossible to keep things clean with people everywhere! I keep telling myself that as long as there is love and laughter that it's all good but there are times when a dusted table top or a sparkling kitchen REALLY mean a lot LOL Enjoy your quiet time!

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

"...how maddening general mess and clutter makes me."

Oh yes, I understand!!!!!!

"I feel a radical, ruthless decluttering binge coming on."

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! 'Cause the less "stuff" they have to throw around, the more everything-in-its-place, the home will stay.

And that, is good for the peace of mind, of the Lady Of The House. Or so I say!!!!!!!!

^_^

Aunt Amelia

Jenn said...

I agree that the best time to clean is when everyone is out of the house. Otherwise I am re-doing myself picking up after the trails the boys leave. Enjoy your clean house and the quiet!

Jenn