Monday, June 08, 2009

Enchantment


We had a deliciously enchanted weekend. Minutes ticked by turning into hours as we enjoyed time spent out-of-doors at the park on Saturday and on the beach Sunday. All of our children together exploring, romping, playing, skateboarding, skimboarding....forming connections and bonding.

Life feels so right in this space and time.

When I release worry and focus on gratitude, life is so much sweeter. I do not ever want to take the simple joys of life for granted, for those are the things that a beautiful life is made of. It is not money, power, success, or grand events.

No.

It is letting go of shoulds and have-tos, choosing instead to embrace my life as it is at this moment while putting together a patchwork of joy, memories, beauty, acceptance, encouragement, and love. Lots of love.

Today, I am looking at life through the rose-colored glasses of enchantment.

5 comments:

Lady Laurie said...

I love that ~ "Looking at life through rose colored glasses of enchantment."
I think that's the way I want to spend all of my days !

sarah said...

Beautiful, peaceful, inspiring as always.

Beach House Dreamer said...

I couldn't agree more. And the practice of gratefulness is very powerful indeed!

Yolanda said...

I love this kind of enchantment.

Busy Grandma Elsie said...

I am glad you had an enjoyable day with family.The best things in life can't be bought with money.
I am having a wonderful time at the beach with my two daughters. I am blessed.