Friday, May 29, 2009

Whew!

I had a very busy, productive day. After I saw Alfred off to work and showered I was out in the yard weeding the small flower bed on the side of the house. I, then, lined it with broken bits of concrete that were lining the driveway. It looks so nice and neat now!

I then proceeded to tackle the dungeon - otherwise known as my closet! I sang along to The Best of the Carpenters while I worked to help pass the time quicker. I got rid of a bag full of trash and a bag of clothes.

Next, I washed dishes and baked two loves of banana bread. By then I was tired so I took a nap. When I woke up I went back out to the yard. There's a spot in the backyard that has lots of pine trees and a few cedar trees. Last weekend we began working on raking it all out and trimming low-hanging branches.

So I raked a bit more, checked on my morning glories and moon-flowers, pulled weeds around my rose bushes, and then finally sat down with to rest and write in my journal.

I noticed a small bird carrying on in the dead tree in the front yard so I wandered over to investigate. The tree is full of holes as it has housed many a woodpecker and starlings. It is vacant now, but there was a snake skin hanging out of one of the holes! Alfred says judging my the skin the snake would be about 3-4 feet long.

He's cutting it down tomorrow though!

2 comments:

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I envy you. I'm sitting around trying to figure out how to cover up my air boot so I can mow tomorrow. I want to mow my lawn and move some bulbs. I will figure it out.

You sound like you had a wonderful day.

pssst.... I have not forgotten. I received wonderful mail today.

The Raggedy Girl said...

Great productive day except for the snake...

The Raggedy Girl