Thursday, May 21, 2009

What If...


What would life be like if we let go of all the "shoulds" we place on ourselves, along with all the guilt and self-criticism?

What if we stopped fearing making mistakes or what other people said or thought?

What if we stepped out of our comfort zone and did something we considered wild and crazy?

What if we gave from our hearts without expecting anything in return?

What if we turned the other cheek and loved people anyway?

What if we quit making excuses and go after the desires of our hearts?

What if we wished upon a shooting star?

What if we cut out the background noise, learned to be still, meditate, and prayed more?

What if we let go of worry?

What if we smile at the people we meet in passing and sing or hum?

What if we actively practiced gratitude, forgiveness, and contentment?

What if we apologized first?

What if we expect goodness, blessings, love, and abundance?

What would happen if we pursued our bliss?

What if....

8 comments:

Genie Sea said...

It would be heaven ;)

Ariadone said...

Dear Tracy. Yes...but it wouldn't be make-believe..in the small circle we can do that, be that, take that, expect that...I do think by the way that I nor you should be waiting on "we" to be ready....what I do or YOU do, am/are is alraidy so very much blessing under the sun...Thank you.
Godeliva from Ariadone

Laurie said...

I'm trying very hard to do some of your what if's :) Getting rid of the should's can be hard - it's the guilt that doesn't seem to go away. This was another wonderful post - thank you for reminding me about what is really important. I just did an anonymous toy drop for The Toy Society and it felt great! You can read about it on my blog - and maybe even join if you feel inclined. Have a wonderful day and thank you again for helping me keep my head together!
Love,
Laurie

The Raggedy Girl said...

How lovely it would be. . .

The Raggedy Girl

Jenn said...

What a wonderful way to live...

sarah said...

Maybe. But I'm the spider in everyone's sunshine, because I've done some of those things and it just led to more pain. So I would say yes, what if, how beautiful - but to me the true wonder would be to be in a place inside, and in our lives, where we could safely contemplate those "what ifs" without the threat of harm.

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Lovely entry! An entry, with Wisdom.

Thank you.

Aunt Amelia

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

A wonderful post, Tracy and something to try to live by... let's all take a chance and listen closely to our hearts.
~Tracie