Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sweet Dreams


We finally invested in a good pair of chocolate covered sheets - 300 thread count, 100% Egyptian Cotton with deep pockets. The deep pockets make bed-making a breeze. No more pulling and tugging trying to get regular sheets to fit!

Soon, I plan to redecorate our bedroom. The walls will be painted sage green on top and dark chocolate below with crisp white trim. I am thinking white lace curtains and perhaps painting pink roses with vines along the trim work.

I have a small three drawer dresser that I will paint white. The drawer pulls will be replaced with pink glass knobs.

I chose color's from nature's palette to create a cozy sanctuary, but with the white/pink accents, pretty linens, and painted roses it will give it a touch of romance without being overly frou-frou. It will be a room for sweet dreams to flourish.

8 comments:

cathleen said...

Tracy...those sheets look so comfy and remind me of a yummy dark chocolate candy bar. Your plans sound lovely...pink and brown go so wonderfully together...and the lace curtains and rose trim work sounds charming. Can't wait to see your finished room.

The Raggedy Girl said...

It sounds lovely and I can't wait to see the finished product. We are on day 23 of our bedroom re-decorate and I want to be done so much.

The Raggedy Girl

Kimberly said...

How lovely! I hope you post as you go. I love to see what everyone is doing.

sarah said...

It sounds beautiful and luscious, like a mint chocolate. A perfect blend of romanticism and masculinity.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I won't buy any sheet under 300ct. The difference from 300 on up is amazing. I always buy white so I can bleach them. Animals, muddy paws, exciteability.... = mommy pulling her hair out and rushing to the washer!! :)

Hibiscus Moon said...

Those sheets look and sound delicious. The color scheme sounds divine.

Melissa Lester said...

It sounds like you will have a room that will be welcoming to both you and your husband. Sweet dreams!

Debra said...

Sounds pretty! Hurry and finish it all so we can see pictures, ok? Smile.... just kidding about the hurrying part. Enjoy the process, the journey, and I will try to patiently wait for photos. But it won't be easy. :) Blessings. Debra