Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Sea



For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), It's always our self we find in the sea. ~e.e. cummings

On Mother's Day, I found myself swept away by the sea. It had been two years since we had visited together. Reunited at last!

As my family played and explored in its salty waters, alone I sat on the sandy shore taking in the wonder of it all. The sea whispers tidings of peace and serenity. The waters lapping against the white sandy shore, the sea gulls laughter, and the warm breeze, and the smell of coconut sunscreen never fails to hypnotize me. The sea is my place to reflect and meditate.

Gazing into the sparkling emerald waters, I found mySelf once again...

5 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Ah! Thank you for this Tracy! I have been longing for the sea, and your post brought her to me. :)

Busy Grandma Elsie said...

I love it, I am going to the beach with my daughter and her husband June 7th,,,

The Raggedy Girl said...

Beautiful post.

The Raggedy Girl

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I would say, I completely agree with you. The sounds of the water cracking against the shore, seagulls sqawking in the background... oh it's the closest thing to heaven I believe.

Lady Laurie said...

Yes,
I love being near the sea, I think my favorite place to walk or just "be."
Hugs))