Saturday, May 23, 2009

Purging and Simplifying


Once again I am decluttering...going through every nook and cranny to clear out that which is no longer useful and/or considered beautiful. I am seeking to streamline our possessions in order to bring a greater sense of simplicity to our lives.

I am purposely creating the life I envision. After all, my home is not going to magically transform itself. No, it requires work, tender-loving-care, and dedication.

My goal is to have a place for everything and everything in its place. Living in relatively small quarters means we can't hoard things. If there isn't space for it, it has to go. Just enough and nothing more...

It sounds positively delightful, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Tracy, I have that same goal! I keep telling my hubby and daughter that if we don't use something within a year, we should get rid of it. I don't think they are convinced yet. ;-)

Here's to a simpler, quieter life!

Hibiscus Moon said...

Yes, it does. I wish my husband would adopt this philosophy.

sarah said...

Yes, it does sound delightful to purposefully create the life you want. More than delightful.

Ariadone said...

I know what you are talking about, believe me, but....had I kept on many good things from the 70 and the early 80.....I would have my shabby-chic interior alraidy and it would not cost me a penny now....I see so many blog-ladies going to flea-markets....and collecting things we got rid of...so....what is wise...?