Thursday, May 07, 2009

Live Frugally...


Expect nothing. Live frugally on surprise.
-Alice Walker


In this day and time, I think this is excellent advice. Rather than bemoaning what you do not have, how much better it is to be thankful for what you do have and keep your eyes open for surprises along the way.

Living frugally, whether by choice or by need, opens us up to using our creativity in our everyday lives. You are forced to try new things. Perhaps you begin to make your own cleaning supplies, try new recipes, or take up crochet or embroidery?

As we expand our horizons and have little successes along the way, it boosts our confidence in ourselves and reinforces the importance of our job as home-keeper. These skills will serve us greatly in caring for the needs of our families and will help keep our homes running smoothly.

Take heart today, dear home-keepers, and begin to look upon your challenges as opening windows of creativity.

7 comments:

~~Deby said...

oh the things we can do---
the sense of accomplishment is wonderful then...
deby

A Stitch In Thyme said...

...open windows of creativity... Love that. Absolutely love that!
This is truely an inspirational post.

Busy Grandma Elsie said...

True so true. I Wish all the young women/wives could grasp this and think how much happier they would be.
Elsie <><

The Raggedy Girl said...

I think as you visit blogs that you have to be very careful not to let what others have bring you to discontent. Each of us is to grow where we were planted.

The Raggedy Girl

Tammy said...

You are an encouragement, Tracy!!

Now, I need a turoral on using flikr...do you just look up and use certain images?

Thanx☺

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

I love the message of this entry.

And I love the quote.

And the illustration! Oh my! Be still my heart. :-)

'Aunt Amelia'

Aunt Amelia's AtticDear you,

Genie Sea said...

I am learning to do just that. It's a challenge for me. :)