Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gratitude List ~ Week 21


~ Teamwork: Alfred and I worked 4.5 hours yesterday finishing the work in the backyard.

~ Bravery: Alfred came up upon a water moccasin and never lost his composure {unlike me} and killed it.

~ Protection: Did I mention the snake was mere feet away from where Kenzie had been?!!

~ Modern Conveniences: My oh so sore muscles were treated to a long soak in the hottest water I could stand.

~ Compliments: Alfred says I only look maybe 28 {I'll be 35 in September}. He could be lying, but I am a sucker for flattery! ;)

10 comments:

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

what a wonderful list...have a wonderful Sunday...
Hugs,
Mo :-)

The Raggedy Girl said...

How lovely for your hubby to say such a wonderful thing and to save you from a snake...yuck!

The Raggedy Girl

sarah said...

Your husband is such a hero in what he did - and said! All that and a hot bath too. No wonder you are grateful :-)

Tammy said...

We have had recent visits from a small garter snake...I'm not fond of snakes but Hubby says this one is harmless...I'm still leary...~~~shivers~~~

Hope you are having a lovely day!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

A great post....so glad that I found your blog...

Just blog hopping today and enjoyed reading your blog...

I am posting on our Disney trip so hope you will stop by.

Also, the June giveaway starts today...all comments left in June will be in the drawing for the "June Card Box"! You will have to go down a few posts to read about the monthly giveaway.

Happy Sunday!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I luvs me an alfred... he is good to our cyber girlfriend!!

Somehow times flies when working in the earth. I get lost in planting and the care of said plants. It soothes me.

miss*R said...

are water moccasins poisonous? ooh I hate snakes.. they are plentiful here in summer time...
that is a nice long time to be working in the garden! well done :)

MrsHoneysuckle said...

I have given you an award..Come see the instructions on my blog.

Genie Sea said...

Alfred isn't lying. You don't look like you're in your thirties :)

Eeek@ water moccasin!

Sharon said...

That is a great list!! I would have lost my composure too!!! :D