Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Garden Snapshots

Let's take a little walk around the garden, shall we?

I believe these are orange day-lilies. They are amazingly tall, but so bright and beautiful.


I'm not quite sure what this one, but she is simple yet pretty. Most of my plants are given to me, so I don't know all the names.


This is a ground cover called purple heart. It is growing quite nicely now after I had left it unplanted and neglected for a couple weeks!

You'll have to excuse the weeds! I haven't had a chance to weed this small bed out yet. I love my miracle caladiums. There is chard, flowering kale, and non-pokey cacti.


And finally, these elephant ears were growing wildly along the creek. I dug up three and moved them to the front yard. There is a really big one back there I still want to get!

I hope you enjoyed your stroll around the garden...

4 comments:

The Raggedy Girl said...

Your flowers and plants are just lovely. It is so hard to find enough time to juggle all the things that make up a homemaker's life.

The Raggedy Girl

Lady Laurie said...

Hi Tracy ~
I know those darn weeds just won't go away !
Our tomatoes are looking good (which is unusual) but our zucchini and cucumber are not fairing too well, maybe its the sudden heat?
Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Sharon said...

Love those flowers!Great site here!Blessings~Sharon

Mrs. Staggs said...

Those are daylilies, but I'm not sure what that white flower is either. It looks like a cross between a daylily and an iris though, doesn't it?

I've only recently started noticing elephant ears. They are so interesting, and I guess they grow really big. I think it would be nice to plant one next to my pond. Your garden is off to a great start Tracy!