Monday, May 18, 2009

Become an Expert


It seems like every time you turn around there is some "expert" trying to tell you how to live your life, raise your children, and do any number of things. Have we become so detached and disconnected from ourselves and our spirits that we need others to tell us how to live?

I tend to reject such advice, preferring to live by own lights using common sense and intuition. After all, who knows better than I what is best for myself?

The same is true for you, too.

We need to start listening to the still, quiet voice that whispers to us. She is our authentic self, full of wisdom. She wants to help us attain the desires of our heart and achieve our dreams.

Today, make some time to be still and listen. Become the expert in your own life.

10 comments:

Thankful Paul said...

Hello! :)

Ariadone said...

WOW, refreshing....risky (?)
wise...
Be well
Godeliva from Ariadone

Genie Sea said...

A(wo)men! :)

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Okay truly, I preach, share, tell, acquaint whatever you like to call it, to those I love. I even have song on my playlist from the eagles called, Learn to be still. I truly believe we must listen to our own intuition while seeking the counsel of wisdome when choosing anything.

Great post

Jane said...

Hi Tracy!

Great post! Would you mind e-mailing me? I wanted to share something with you and perhaps get some words of advice. I just don't want to post here. My e-mail is paintedhouse52@yahoo.com

xoxo
Jane

The Raggedy Girl said...

I love Stitch in Thyme's comment. It is so important to feel our own feelings and not be led by any other than God, who has all the answers.

from The Raggedy Girl

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I couldn't agree with you more......in some cases I don't think the experts know what they are talking about....sometimes a gut feeling is better.....

sarah said...

Such wisdom. So true.

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

This is a great post, Tracy. Thank you for reminding me to listen to myself! Happy night.
~Tracie

Jenn said...

I like that...become the expert in your own life. We can practically drown ourself in the seas of others' expectations when we are so unique we cannot, nor should we try, to live by their rules.