Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Welcome April


I'm so tired and sluggish today. I started a new prescription medicine for the panic attacks called Pristiq. My pupils are even dilated, so I don't know yet if I'll be able to continue taking it. I'm hoping my body will adjust to the medicine, but I tend to be hyper-sensitive to medicine, whether it be Rx or OTC ones. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I have a couple of books I'm in the process of reading. Mitten Strings for God by Katrina Kenison which is a lovely little book that ever reminds me to slow down and to find beauty and joy in simplicity. I'm also reading The Secret Things of God: Unlocking the Treasures Reserved for You by Dr. Henry Cloud. It is kind of like The Secret, but from a Christian point of view. In essence, it shows how God's Word can be practically applied in our daily lives.

We've had a break in the rain today and the sky is overcast, but the rain is to return tonight. April showers are supposed to bring May flowers, but these recent rains have also brought flooding and severe thunderstorms!

Well, I am off to fix lunch and then lay down for a nap. Hope your day is lovely!

2 comments:

The Muse said...

Certainly no April Fool jokes here, as I wish you the best of health. Taking meds is no fun and I hate that you are having to adjust...

Go rest...and let your body rejuvenate :)

sarah said...

I'm so sorry you're having trouble adjusting. Are there any natural remedies you could try? Bach flowers can be very effective.