Monday, April 13, 2009

New Beginnings


"I'm thinking, as I sit here and drink in this scene, how little it takes to get by, how simple life really can be, how pleasant to think only of necessities, eliminating the luxuries."
~ A Year By the Sea by Joan Anderson

The necessities of life are shelter, food, clothing, air to breathe, and clean water. Why is it, then, that we fill our homes and lives to the brim with things and activities that are supposed to make our lives easier or bring more fulfillment? This is what I've been pondering as of late.
I have been distracted from my pursuit of simplicity in recent months while dealing with my panic attacks. One thing I realized during this time involuntary home confinement is that I do not need a lot to be happy. I also realized I do not need a lot of things in my life. I have a lot of things, but I do not need them.
Now that I am on this new medication that has really helped my anxiety, I am ready to refocus my efforts on simplifying my life. It is time to let go. I am letting go of things I no longer have use for and hold me back from living the life I have, up until now, only dreamed of.
It is the day of new beginnings...

2 comments:

Ariadone said...

But please don"t forget that we also need: to be touched and to be held so that we are able also
to nurture/to embrace as well as: laughter, we need to laugh and share laughter. It is SO healing.
Letting go = smiling about some"thing" while being still. And singing or humming sweetly: this is over...this has left me...like a mantra.
Go for it girl, I"ll be with you
Ariadone
Godeliva

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

So happy to read that your new medicine is helping!!!

'Aunt Amelia'