Saturday, April 18, 2009

Nature


I walked out with Alfred this morning and as he opened the shed to get his motorcycle, this little corn snake fell off one of the doors. I just about broke into a run! Thankfully, he is not poisonous so Alfred just shooed him away.


We found this little toad the other day. Kenzie wanted to catch him but was afraid to pick him up so it was Daddy to the rescue. On his right he has two front legs....very unusual!


This is one of my roses. Isn't she pretty?


These are my yellow violas in the large container next to the front steps.


On the other side of the steps are my miracle petunias that I planted last year. I say miracle because they are annuals meaning they do not come back the following year, but these did!

Thank you for visiting my blog! Wishing you a weekend of wonder...

5 comments:

Genie Sea said...

What a cute and unusual little toad! Your flowers are lovely! :)

Have a beautiful one my dear :)

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

What a beautiful saying. A weekend of wonder.

Raggedy Girl said...

Tracy:

That snake would have freaked me...actually just looking at his photo is kind of freaky.

Your flowers are just lovely.

Roberta Anne-The Raggedy Girl

sarah said...

We don't have snakes here, thank goodness, because they give me the shivers. The toad is cute though.

Beautiful flowers. Early spring is so wonderful.

Sharon said...

Thank you for visiting me the other day! It's always nice to meet another Southern gal. :)

Snakes do not get away that easily around here. If they are spotted, they are exterminated quickly with a shovel or hoe.

I'm putting you in my blog list, so I can come back to visit.

Have a blessed weekend!