Friday, April 24, 2009

Love and Giving


When you arise in the morning,
think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive -
to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
-Marcus Aurelius

My life feels so wonderfully right at this moment in time. To love and be loved is life's greatest gift. I have found the more I give of myself {my time, affection, and attention} to Alfred, the more he then gives of himself in return.

Our marriage today is beautiful. We laugh over the silliest things. Saying I'm sorry comes much easier for us both these days. If I'm not feeling well, he'll tell me to get off my feet or to wake him during the night if I need him. Saturday night he's taking me out on a date...something we have not done in nearly a year while I was having frequent panic attacks.

I bubble over with joy each day when I see him pull into the driveway after a long day apart. I love to spoil him by cooking his favorite meals and desserts, giving him a back massage, make sure his clothes are freshly laundered, and meeting his needs for intimacy.

I don't feel that I am being taking advantage of or I am less than. I receive his protection, provision, and tender loving care. This is the life I chose and when I set my feminist views aside and made Alfred the King of our castle, I became his Queen.

There really is such a thing as
happily ever after....

2 comments:

Raggedy Girl said...

Lovely post today!

Have a Wonderful Weekend
from The Raggedy Girl--Roberta Anne

sarah said...

I am SO happy for you.