Thursday, April 16, 2009

Courage


Yesterday I drove the kids to Target because the girls needed a few clothing items I had not been able to find at the thrift shops. It took courage to try, but I knew I needed to step out and test myself. The medicine has really helped as I have had no panic attacks while out & about recently. I can't tell you how good it is to feel like a normal person again!

I stopped by a thrift shop I'd seen many times before but had never visited to see if there were any treasure to be had. I found myself six cute tops, two pair of shorts, and a white feminine skirt for $11.66. Several items were name brand clothing such as: Tommy Hilfiger, Polo Ralph Lauren, and Old Navy.

In the afternoon, I took the girls to the park to play. Sadly it's been way too long since we've visited the park and we plan to go to another local park tomorrow.

Today, however, there is grocery shopping to do, house-cleaning, and karate practice. I hope to squeeze a nap in there somewhere, too. .::grin::.

Hope you have a lovely day!

5 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you were able to get out without having an attack. It must be a relief to feel free again!

Raggedy Girl said...

Sounds like a lovely day. I went shopping too and had a wonderful time.


From Roberta Anne- The Raggedy Girl

cathleen said...

I'm glad you were able to step out and have such a good time. Sounds like you found some great little finds too!

sarah said...

What a blessing ordinary can be :-)

Genie Sea said...

Congrats on overcoming the challenge! :) I do hope you got a nap in, because I get tired just reading everything you do! You rock it! :)