Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Around Our Home

My new American climbing rose that now graces my garden.


A bright and cheery welcome flag...



The small garden plot Mama and I put in the old-fashioned way - by hand. We have 6 heirloom tomato plants, 3 heirloom bell pepper plants, and 3 cucumber hills.


Neighbors to the right of us gave us their swing and cushions {not shown}. I am going to sand it down and repaint a raspberry pink!

Alfred and I before we left to go on our "date" Saturday night. We had an enjoyable evening out to dinner and then browsing around Barnes & Noble.

Have a pleasant day!

8 comments:

Sandcastle Momma said...

Your rose is beautiful and that swing will look really good raspberry pink!
Hubby and I ended up in the bookstore on our last date night as well. We decided that meant we weren't getting older - just wiser LOL

The Raggedy Girl said...

What a wonderful post and I love the photo of you and Alfred on "date night".

The Raggedy Girl

amy said...

dinner and a bookstore--the perfect date!

Bobbi said...

What a beautiful rose!! And I like the swing as well. It makes me feel warm and tingly knowing other couples still have date night like my hubby and I do!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful rose and swing! Such a nice picture of you and your husband too. Glad you had a fun "date night!" My husbnd and I are over due for that too! I look forward to reading your blog every day. You are a kind and lovely person with a definite writing talent. God bless, Kathy in Illinois

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Oh my gosh I love your swing. I've been on the look out for one like this. This one is truly beautiful. Take before and afters to share with us. Your man is handsome. Hope you had a great time. I want to do a small 6x12 garden next year for tomato's cukes and such. A little bit of everything. So good to have organic veggies. Yum.

Lady Laurie said...

Your climbng rose is so pretty. What wonderful neighbors to give you that swing ~ it will bring such enjoyment especially being pink !
Have a wonderful day !

Anonymous said...

Mr. Staggs and I often go out to dinner and to Barnes and Noble for "dates" too!

I love those swings. My sister has one, and I always sit there and enjoy her view of Mount Rainier, when I'm visitng.

Beautiful rose Tracy.

xo
Lena