Monday, March 09, 2009

The Weekend


It was a beautiful weekend. I spent most of my time out-of-doors and you sure can tell it by my sun burnt arms and face. But the weather was just too nice to sit inside. To be out in the sun, taking fresh air into my lungs, taking notice of subtle changes in nature with my hands in the soil was nearly heaven on earth after the seemingly long cold winter.

I worked on weeding my flower beds and pruned my rose bushes. Oh, the cuts on my hands from the thorns and my aching back! The bird bath was scrubbed and refilled with fresh water, bird and hummingbird feeders filled.

Indoors, the laundry was done and Kenzie helped me make cake-like brownies. We watched movies, took a nap, made dinner and cupcakes, and cleaned up the kitchen. There was no hurry or pressure. It was a pleasant weekend when all was said and done.

I hope you had a pleasant weekend, too!

5 comments:

~~Deby said...

We did have a nice weekend...not the sunshine like you had and warmth--but time with family---a grandson's first birthday--and wonderful preaching and teaching at church yesterday...indeed, it was a good weekend.

Sandcastle Momma said...

That sounds like such a wonderful weekend! Like you, I'm more than ready for spring. And a good nap always makes the day better!

Raggedy Girl said...

It sounds like a lovely weekend. I can't wait until it gets warm enough to dig in the dirt.

Roberta Anne

Holly Loves Art said...

Your weekend sounds perfect!! Well... except for the mean rose bushes and harsh sun (where sun screen!). But the movies and cupcakes sound lovely. Hope you're having a good Monday.
Take care,
Holly

Debra said...

Ohhhhhh..... I so *wanted* a weekend like that, but didn't get it. Oh well--someday! But I'm glad you had such a marvelous time. Blessings, Debra