Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring Fever

With the beautiful weather we've had this past week, I'm afraid I've neglected my blog. When we aren't doing lessons or going to karate classes, we've spent a good portion of our time out of doors. We've got Spring Fever!

Indoors, I have been deep-cleaning and have spent more time in the kitchen preparing tasty meals and whipping up baked goodies. With Alfred being gone since the beginning of February combined with getting used to the medicine I was prescribed, I'm afraid I haven't had much homemaking inspiration. But I am beginning to feel better and have been able to tackle the neglected areas of my homemaking.

And now with only twelve more days until Alfred comes home, I am feeling a renewed sense of energy and hope. The dark, cold winter has come to an end. The dark days and lonesome nights will soon be a memory. Spring and my hope has arisen like the dawn.

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. ~Anne Lamott

3 comments:

Rhonda in OK said...

Hi Tracy,
I was thinking about you this morning during the news and hope you were no where near those awful shootings.

sarah said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!!

Genie Sea said...

I am so happy you're felling better, and spring is renewing your energy! :)