Friday, March 27, 2009

Secret #12: Planning to Achieve Your Goals


We've come to the end of our blogging book group Jamie hosted on The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women by Gail McMeekin.

I am an excellent planner. I love to write out my plans, but I am not always great about following through. There are several reasons for this. I get overwhelmed. I let life's distractions get in the way of pursuing my dream. And I have a tendency to put everyone else first and then have nothing left {time, energy, creative ideas} to give to myself.

Knowing my weaknesses, it is up to me to create pockets of time within my days to dream and write. No one else can do it for me. With that in mind, I am making a commitment to myself to spend at least thirty minutes each day writing.

No more excuses. Procrastination will not help me reach my dreams!

"The true secret of creativity is doing it."
~Cathleen Rountree

"For those who must follow the via creativa, the creative path, I say: Go. Go right now, and as soon, and as often as you can. Keep going."
~Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes

And my most favorite quote from this chapter:

"I am going to have a life with more ecstasy--this truly expansive connection, energy, and oneness." ~ Marilyn Veltrop

Yes! I am open to a life of creativity and abundance. I am allowing all good things to come into my life as I walk in gratitude and authenticity.

9 comments:

Pearl Maple said...

That is a lovely post, i am lagging way behind on the 12 secrets project but enjoying everyone's posts that inspire all kinds of different thoughts.
Thanks for sharing and good luck with all your plans.

Lyn said...

Tracy, thank you for your kind thoughts - just wanted to stop by and let you know I appreciate them. Take care.

Genie Sea said...

I love the idea of pockets of time. Lovely, as usual Tracy. This journey might be over, but I will keep coming back :)

Jane-Singing Deer said...

I love "pockets of time"! My experience with time is that once you start opening up those "pockets" they begin to expand. Your life can end up being more spacious, and you *can* tend to all those other things that you need to, because you are tending to your "pocket times" first (perhaps not always everyday, but often enough!). I love what you create, and can't wait to experience more, as you stitch (with your own magic thread!) those pocket times for yourself!

Graces,
~Jane

Sandcastle Momma said...

I seem to have the same problem - I make a list of plans but then get busy and after taking care of everyone else I'm too tired to do anything for me. I love the idea of creating pockets of time for me!
You have such a natural talent for writing that I hope you can make time to write and create more!

notesfromthefrugaltrenches.com said...

So encouraging!

Raggedy Girl said...

Tracy:

I too am a world class list maker but getting from there to actually doing is a problem for me too. I have had some success with moving a very few items from the big list to a daily list.

Roberta Anne

Lissa said...

I can't remember who ( in our group)wrote about getting distracted by all of the shiny things.If only their were glasses made to prevent that and procrastination! May creativity & abundance fill your life as you continue your journey:)

Lisa PN said...

You go!
I wish you much luck and magic in your 30 minutes of writing. Soon you will find that 30 minutes isn't nearly enough and you will find more time to write!

I look forward to hearing more!

best,
lisa