Friday, March 20, 2009

Secret #11: Subtracting Serenity Stealers

This week in Jamie Ridler's blogging book study on the 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women we are subtracting serenity stealers from our lives.

On the outside, my life is pretty calm and uneventful. Some may even describe it as boring. Within my mind it is a different story, there is turmoil, fear, anxiety, and negativity. This, I feel, is the cause of my panic attacks.


Change is rarely easy, but neither is staying the same. It will take time to reprogram my thoughts and, in essence, transform my life. I just have to be gentle with myself during the process realizing there will be setbacks and have the courage to continue to move forward and push through these self-erected boundaries.

I believe the panic attacks are the ultimate result of burnout and this was my body's way of saying enough. Perhaps I need this time hidden away from the world in order to heal?

4 comments:

sarah said...

I too believe panic attacks are the messengers of a deeper issue. I hope you find inner peace from daily peace.

sarah said...

I too believe panic attacks mean more than just panic. I hope you find inner peace within the shelter of daily peace.

KathrynAntyr said...

It is important to be gentle and kind with yourself. I tend to expect too much from myself and often think that I'm not enough. There are a lot of good exercises in this book that I'm finding helpful in facing my fears and believing in me. Take good care of yourself.

Jamie Ridler said...

It sounds like you have an intuitive sense of what's going on for you. Our body's sure tell us when they've had enough. May this be a restorative and transformative time.