Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Journey


This is what my new car looks like. It's a black 2009 Dodge Journey. Did I want a new car? Not necessarily. But Alfred was concerned about a few quirky things that were acting up on my old car, particularly since the warranty had expired. Being a diesel technician for Chrysler, he knows the cost of repairs.

So Friday we were off to a car dealership. We had done some looking and research online and really liked the Journeys. We found one we liked that was a demo car for the owner's wife, so it was priced cheaper. The owner snatched his wife {not literally!} out of the car to sell it to us, but she can go pick out any other car she wants on the lot so it's not a big loss.

Anyway, Alfred was looking at the warranty - lifetime warranty on the power train {motor, transmission....all of the expensive repairs!}. We also wanted more room because my old car only held the five of us and when Alfred's son, Joel, comes to stay with us, someone has to stay home when we go anywhere or drive a second vehicle.

We got a great interest rate at 5.38% and surprisingly my credit rating was better than Alfred's which is funny because I do not work outside the home. But I was glad to see our credit rating has gone up.

I made sure I oohed and aahed over the car and expressed my utmost appreciation and girlish delight to my loving husband. Men really like to know that they are appreciated and all they really want is for us, women, to be happy. It makes all their hard work worthwhile.

9 comments:

Susan in SC said...

How pretty! Congratulations! ENjoy your new wheels!

sarah said...

Lucky girl!

Sandcastle Momma said...

Congratulations! New cars are such a treat and I know you'll enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely car! So happy for you. Your husband sounds like mine. They just want us to be happy. Have a fun "journey!"
Kathy in Illinois

Raggedy Girl said...

I love the smell of a new car. I hope you really enjoy it.

Roberta Anne

miss*R said...

a new car is fun. I now drive a PT cruiser and love it.. it will probably be my last new car though. Have fun driving it and look how much you will save in petrol only having to take one car instead of two!

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

That is very pretty!!!

m ^..^

Ariadone said...

You lucky and greatfull girl. Now no one has to stay home anymore, wich is just lovely for family and semi-familymembers. Enjoy and drive safely.
Ariadone
Godeliva

Ann said...

I like it! It's always nice to have something new and a loving and thoughtful hubby is a plus too!