Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Health and Nature


Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them? ~Rose F. Kennedy

I hope you had an enjoyable St. Patrick's Day. I spent the morning at the doctor's office getting blood work an x-rays done. I am to return in two weeks time to see what the lab results reveal and to see what the next step will be. The doctor believes I also have psoriasis {though mine isn't nearly as severe as the cases shown} which is nothing new to me - I just haven't been diagnosed with it.

The psoriasis began when I was 15. I was officially diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 2004 at 30 years of age, though I had been living with it since 2000 after Kenzie was born. No one in my family has ever had RA, but I believe major stress over a long period of time was the culprit.

Stress and strain can cause havoc in your body (I should know), so it is highly important to minimize it as much as you can. Nothing is worth the deterioration of your health. I'll step off my soap box now. *sheepish grin*

Once home from the doctor, I made lunch {tuna sandwiches and chips} and settled in to watch Your Brush with Nature, an art painting show on PBS. Next, a cozy nap was in order. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon outside enjoying the fabulous weather and worked on weeding my flower bed. The ground was really soft after several days of rain, so it made it a lot easier.

While outside I was able to watch geese flying by in the morning and evening. I have one rose bud on two rose bushes. I am seeing green leaves beginning to sprout out on my trees and am noticing more butterflies. Ah, the joys of Spring-time!

10 comments:

~~Deby said...

Hoping that you get some answers from all your tests...have fibromyalgia, I sure do know the effects of stress on things like this..it sure is hard, though...isn't it.
Oh I am awaiting SPRING....
deby

Genie Sea said...

Hiya Tracy!

I have a suggestion for you. Omega Fatty Acids 3-6-9 comes in liquid and pill form. Since I started taking it, all symptoms of Arthritis have gone. It runs in my family, so it started early for me as well.

I highly recommend the oil version. It's must more potent and tastes like sunflower seeds :)

Tracy said...

Genie, I've heard of the Omega Fatty Acids but have never tried them. I may have to now! What kind of arthritis do you have?

Raggedy Girl said...

Tracy:
Praying for you to get all the answers and treatment to make you whole. You are so right that stress is horrible on our body.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday.
from Roberta Anne

Miss Jocelyn said...

Praying the Lord heals and gives you comfort in this. Enjoy the spring weather and friends! :)

Debra said...

Oh! I'm hoping all will work out well for you. You are so right about stress! Oh and thanks for your birthday wishes--I appreciated them so much! Blessings, Debra

sarah said...

I second the call to get Omega Fatty Acids. Oily fish have them in high quantities, also you can get them from some margarines.

I hope so much you get a genuine and helpful diagnosis. I agree with you that letting go of stress is the most healthy thing you can do.

Tracy said...

Thank you, ladies, for all the prayers, advice, and good thoughts sent my way. :)

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

It's your blog and you can stand on any soapbox, you want to, my Dear!!!

Wishing you well with all the results, of the testing. And also, that you can diminish stress to near zero, to help with living with these things.

Believe me, I agree with Rose Kennedy's quote. Enjoy what we can.

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

Oh I will keep you in my prayers!

What a beautiful photograph, it warms my soul!