Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!


I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden. ~Ruth Stout

The first day of Spring is such a festive affair! After a long, cold weather we wait expectantly for warmer temperatures, greenery, and flower blooms. Our hope is renewed as we venture outdoors to soak in the sun's warm rays. The colors surrounding us are vivid and bright and our hearts are merry.

In my mind's eye, I think back upon childhood days where I could run wild and free with bare feet and my long blonde hair blowing in the wind. Bike riding, popsicles, doing flips in the yard pretending to be a gymnast, swinging on the swing set, hop-skotch, playing tag, climbing trees, singing, playing in the sprinkler. The carefree days of innocence.

With Spring's arrival, I feel young and carefree once again.

4 comments:

Raggedy Girl said...

I am glad Spring is here...I am ready!

Roberta Anne

sarah said...

Lovely imagery :-) Early spring is one of the most wondrous times of the year. Many blessings to you.

Genie Sea said...

Ah! It's so great to come back to the joys of youthful glee :)

Elizabeth said...

My daughter is born on the 22nd, which is sometimes the first day of spring. So, she's my spring joy.