Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Guided by Love


Let your love be like the misty rains, coming softly, but flooding the river. ~Malagasy Proverb

Yesterday was pleasant overall. I started off not feeling very well, I slowly went about my planned tasks for the day with a quiet determination. Laundry, dishes, cleaning out the fridge, clearing my desk, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and even time in the garden. Everything was accomplished in due time, because it was my desire to create a welcoming nest for my husband to come to.

I was guided by love.

It is love that causes one to create beauty in their home and life on a daily basis. A tidy home that smells fresh and looks pretty is a healing balm for the weary soul. To meet my husband's need for rest and rejuvenation is a blessing, given how he willingly goes out into the world to slay and conquer dragons in his effort to provide the best he can for our family. He is my hero; my knight in shining armor!

It is love that causes me to speak tenderly and overlook the occasional sharp tone of voice when he's tired and grumpy. Often it is due to work stress and I seek to be a light in the darkness. When he relaxes a bit and at last smiles, I know he is feeling better and all is well.

It is love that causes me to work hard here at home so that my husband has no worry that things will be taken care of on the home-front. I seek to stretch his paycheck as far as I possibly can in an effort to create a lovely home-life on a budget.

It is love that causes me to want to pretty up before my husband comes home. Often I'm still in my nightgown and robe when he leaves for work, so I want to look my best when he returns home at the end of the day. I stop what I'm doing and greet him with a smile, a kiss, and a glass of sweet tea.

Love lightens burdens. Knowing your loved makes the world a little brighter. At the end of the day, love is all that matters. Today, let love guide you in all you do...

4 comments:

Wish on a Whisker said...

I truly love this sweet post! ~Mandy

Ariadone said...

Dear Tracy,
Thank you...please feel better...nurture yourself as well...
Ariadone
Godeliva

Genie Sea said...

You fill my heart :)

Raggedy Girl said...

I have to type left handed but I wanted to stop by and see what you are doing.

from Roberta Anne
The Raggedy Girl