Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Cure


The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen

How true is the above quote! At times when I am upset, I like to do some decluttering and deep cleaning. I get lost in what I am doing and forget about my problem. At other times, I need the cleansing of a good cry. But my favorite escape is to stand along the seashore and take in the sights and sounds of the sea...

For the next three days, I don't have to leave the comforts of home. My plans are simple. I shall divide my time between the house and garden; alternating between work and relaxation. The sun is shining and it's warm out with a cool breeze. There isn't a cloud to be seen in the blue sky. When my indoor work is done, I will head outdoors to let Mother Nature nurture my soul.

May your weekend be a blissful retreat!

6 comments:

Raggedy Girl said...

Have a Super Saturday
from Roberta Anne

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aunt Amelia

Leila said...

Well that sounds like a plan!

My problem is -- I hardly know where to start :)

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Enjoy yourself!! Thanks so much for the visit.
Hugs~Kelly

sarah said...

Oh my goodness, I am so glad I didn't publish the post I wrote a couple of days ago ... I was on the beach earlier in the week and watched a woman walking through the tide, looking poignant and immersed in sighs. I thought to myself of how I had little tolerance any more for that kind of introspection: I'd rather get on with cleaning my house! (Perhaps I've just had too much introspection in my past, lol.) Thankfully I didn't publish as you would might have been offended by it. So hey, I'll just write it in your comments box anyway ;-)

I'm so pleased you know the cure for your upsets, and I wish you a wonderful, healing time :-)

Genie Sea said...

I so miss the sea!
Have a lovely restorative weekend :)