Thursday, March 05, 2009

Breathe and Play


Breath is Spirit. The act of breathing is Living. ~Author Unknown

Ah...to step outside and take a deep breath of fresh air. Spring is surely on her way! The windows and doors are flung open wide to allow the sun and March breezes to fill our home. We welcome her with open arms and rejoice in her warm embrace.

If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. ~Nadine Stair

Do you remember running barefoot in the warm months? As a child, I couldn't be bothered to put on shoes unless we were going somewhere. I liked the freedom of running free without restraints. There was a simplicity in childhood that was lost as the years marched on and I grew up. But that freedom of youth can be reclaimed. How wonderful it now feels to walk barefoot in the freshly tilled earth as I work in the garden?

Would you like to come out and play?

4 comments:

Debra said...

Uh, yesssss!!!!! :) Oh, I can't wait to get out and play in the dirt. I wish we lived nextdoor to each other and could make gardens right up next to each other and sit and enjoy them at the end of the day...ah, happy sighs.... Blessings, Debra

Raggedy Girl said...

I am ready for Spring. I want to dig in the dirt and plant flowers. I am a year round barefoot girl wearing big warm sock in the winter and nothing the rest of the time.

Have a Thankful Thursday
from Roberta Anne

Genie Sea said...

I am giddy in anticipation! :)

oma aka meme said...

yes- barefoot and running free with a soft wind and sunshine and white clouds - but
spring is coming-
and now I am too old for the barefeet but I can still feel the wind and see the sky =
I think a lot of bloggers have cabin fever - hugs from Meme