Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bliss


It's been pure bliss having Alfred home again. The children and I have missed him so much! Alfred will be home with us until Monday when he will return to civilian work. Until then, we shall treasure and enjoy our time with him.

The day is rainy and gray here today. Not that I mind...it creates the perfect atmosphere for restful naps. The master bedroom is all dark, like a cocoon. I like to sleep with a fan on for it's white noise, plus it helps block out the sounds from the main living area. Freshly laundered linens, lavender scented or clean cotton, and a steady rain on the roof top makes for a pleasant experience.

The rest of the day will likely be spent reading, watching movies {Twilight, yet again!}, talking, laughing, and nibbling on delicious home-cooked foods. May your day be filled with comfort and peace!

4 comments:

Genie Sea said...

I want me one of those! :) I am so happy for you honey! HUGS! :)

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

You made me want to curl up and go to sleep, it sounds so good right now! Thanks for the sweet comment you left me(;
Hugs~Kelly

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

What a lovely entry. I'm so happy that you are all so happy.

And very pleased to learn that you are a 'Twilight' fan too! :-)

Enjoy your time together...

Aunt Amelia

sarah said...

I'm so happy for you :-) :-) :-)