Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Blessings


My Mama is finally here. After an 18 hour trip she and my youngest sibling, Taylor, arrived last night close to midnight. Now when my other sister, Chelsea, moves back down at the end of this month, the family will all be together again.

It is warmer out already today and will be even warmer tomorrow. I am looking forward to planting flowers and working in my garden.

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful. ~Abram L. Urban

We still have 20 more days before Alfred will be home. Will that day ever come? The days pass by ever so slowly. But absence makes the heart grow fonder and it is working out patience in me. It is a lesson I am repeatedly having to learn.

I have no major plans for today other than puttering about the house, spending some time out of doors, and enjoying time with my family. Wishing you a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Raggedy Girl said...

Have a wonderful time with your family and I pray the twenty days just flies by.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday
from Roberta Anne

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

So this means, that your Mother and siblings, are moving there? Not just on a visit. Lovely.

Having the feeling of surrounding family is nice. Especially for a military family, I'm sure.

Not many days till Alfred will be home! For how long, I wonder? Sorry if you've already said, and I missed it. And then where will his orders take him?

What a lovely quote you interspersed your entry with. :-)

Aunt Amelia
"Nobody minds having what is too good for them." ~Jane Austen

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

So this means, that your Mother and siblings, are moving there? Not just on a visit. Lovely.

Having the feeling of surrounding family is nice. Especially for a military family, I'm sure.

Not many days till Alfred will be home! For how long, I wonder? Sorry if you've already said, and I missed it. And then where will his orders take him?

What a lovely quote you interspersed your entry with. :-)

Oh, and *shouldn't* you refer to the time, till Alfred gets home as; "19 days and a wake up"? ,-) Very mil-talk, that. ,-) {I follow mil blogs}

Aunt Amelia
"Nobody minds having what is too good for them." ~Jane Austen

Tracy said...

Aunt Amelia, my husband is in the Army National Guard. Normally he is home, but with recent changes the Army has made he had to train for a new MOS.

He'll be home for a month, then has to go for WLC for 2 weeks...he needs this to be promoted. Then he shouldn't have to go anywhere {hopefully} for quite some time! :)

Oh, and yes, my family is moving back - hopefully for good. My mom and sis will stay with us for a while until she can get on her feet and get a place of her own. I'm glad I'll get to have this time with her though. :)

Lady Laurie said...

It will be so nice to have your family near...mine live so far away, we see each other maybe once a year.
Hope you are having a wonderful day!

sarah said...

Have a wonderful joyful time with your family :-)

Genie Sea said...

Awww! Family reunion! Lovely :)

oma aka meme said...

soon- now it is only 19.5 days :-) and looking forward to some mama tales =
hugs from Meme