Thursday, February 26, 2009

What We're Learning...


Animal Planet
Wyland's Art Studio
Painting
Crafts
Baked Brownies
Reading
Math
Spelling
Writing
Nature Observation
Outdoor Play
Discussed Progeria
Read about Pacific Barreleye Fish
Schoolhouse Rock
Static Electricity
Watched the local news

It is amazing to me to see my children make learning connections on a daily basis. We'll soon start reading Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery, then we'll watch the movie afterwards.

I'm waiting for the dvd series Christy, based on the book by Catherine Marshall, from the library, as well as drawing with pencil instructional books, and a biography of Albert Einstein.

In addition to his basic studies, karate, and job, Kendall will also begin doing the projects in Life Prep for Homeschoolers and will have driver's ed lessons with his dad when he comes home from training next month.

I love pulling together a "curriculum" using a variety of resources. No boring textbooks here! I can remember being so utterly bored when I was in school. I can't remember much of what I learned because I learned just enough to pass the test and them promptly forgot the material. I'm just thankful my children are able to follow a different educational path.

3 comments:

sarah said...

It looks great :-) I love AGG. I also loved the tv series of Christy and simply must get the book for myself ... er, I mean my daughter!

Sandcastle Momma said...

What a great curriculum! How great that they can learn what they love. Tell Alfred good luck with the Driver's Ed - teen drivers are scary! LOL

Tracy said...

Sandcastle Mama, that is exactly why his father is in charge of driver's ed! I would have a stroke. :)